[78-L] Cats n dogs [was Collecting]

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sun Dec 30 17:34:19 PST 2012

On 12/30/2012 10:41 AM, Malcolm Rockwell wrote:
> 8:30? How civilized. Mine hit me between 5:30 and 6:30 am. That's okay
> though. Much of my daily business gets done early mostly because the
> east coast is five hours ahead and everyone (well, except the
> musicians!) is up already.
> Watch a cat colony and tell me that cats are not social.
> Malcolm
>
> *******
>
> On 12/29/2012 7:09 PM, David Lennick wrote:
>> Nat The Brat says one is just fine, thank you, and she's the most social feline
>> we've ever been had by. Also serves as an alarm clock at 8:30 AM.
>>
>> dl
>>
>> On 12/30/2012 12:05 AM, Mike Harkin wrote:
>>> Exactly.  This is why vets recommend that the resident human keeps more than one.
>>>
>>> Anyone who thinks cats aren't social animals doesn't know much about them. They are just as social as dogs, but in different ways. Cats are not pack animals.

“The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats...”
― Albert Schweitzer
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/47146.Albert_Schweitzer>

“If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow;
but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.”
― Mark Twain <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1244.Mark_Twain>

“Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of
the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it
would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat.”
― Mark Twain <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1244.Mark_Twain>

“A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or
another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”
― Ernest Hemingway
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1455.Ernest_Hemingway>

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.