[78-L] Record collecting

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sun Dec 30 09:22:24 PST 2012

Malcolm Rockwell wrote:

Don't any of you recollect a special done on the teevee a few years
ago
when someone decided that it might be possible to record, and
possibly
play back, a groove on a rotating piece of pottery? I think they
were
trying to hear the sound of Pompeii being blown up on an existing
piece
of crockery. The producers actually attempted the recording &
playback
process but, if I remember correctly, it didn't work.
The pot is now stored in Al Capone's vault. They didn't find that,
either.
Malcolm

The link I posted yesterday was about this pottery theory:
http://www.christerhamp.se/phono/archaeo/archaeo.html
Kristjan