[78-L] Any relation to Duke's teacher?

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Sun Dec 23 11:06:02 PST 2012

I subscribe to a weekly digest of strange-but-true news stories called "This Is True." The following story is from the latest batch. Note the name of the miscreant. I wonder whether he's any relation to Duke Ellington's old piano teacher:

>From: "This is True" <arcie at thisistrue.com>
>Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:03:34 -0500
>
>FACE THE MUSIC: A man in Perkiomen, Pa., complained to police that his
>  identity had apparently been stolen: he was being hounded to pay a
>  $6,000 credit card debt, and he never applied for that card. State
>  police checked the account and found the $6,000 charge was to pay for a
>  nose job by a cosmetic surgeon. Investigators checked, and sure enough
>  the surgeon took a "before" photo of the man (though he never came in
>  for his "after" picture). With the photo, investigators were able to
>  identify the man as Randy R. Clinkscales, 27, and arrested him.
>  Clinkscales pleaded guilty to felony forgery, and theft of services. He
>  was sentenced to restitution, and five years of probation.
>  (RC/Doylestown Intelligencer) ...But as part of his plea bargain, they
>  dropped the tampering with evidence charge.

BTW, you can subscribe to "This Is True" at http://www.thisistrue.com .

                       -        Jeff Lichtman
                                jeff at swazoo.com
                                Check out Swazoo Koolak Photography