[78-L] eBay Censorship

marimbamoods at comcast.net marimbamoods at comcast.net
Sat Dec 22 18:49:55 PST 2012

i just contacted an eBay 78 seller to ask for a photo of the reverse label of a record he listed. he replied promptly, requesting my emil address so he could email the photo to me.

when i replied to him and included my email address, my message was blocked by eBay with the following statement:

"For your safety, eBay does not allow the exchange of email addresses in member to member communications . This protects both buyers and sellers by keeping a track record of communications. It also helps ensure that transactions happen on eBay so buyers and sellers are covered by eBay protection programs.

Please remove the email address and resend your message."

in an attempt to avoid eBay's censorship, i then tried to send the info this way:

1) marimbamoods

2) @

3) comcast

4) .net

once again, eBay blocked my message with the same policy statement.

i did then manage to successfully get the harmless info through the eBay sphincter-block, but only by sending four separate messages - each containing one individual part of the above "code."

is that bizarre or what? talk about big brother . . .

david harvey