[78-L] A very preliminary Schirmer discography

Jack Raymond jraymond at alumni.princeton.edu
Wed Dec 19 13:37:56 PST 2012

A few days ago I tried to send this message to  you via the 78-L List, but for some reason it apparently didn't go through.  In fact, I tried twice to send it.  At any rate, if case you haven't already got all this info from others, I thought I'd send it to your personal email address.

-- Jack Raymond

        **********************

Philip fukuda wrote:
> It's a start. I only have a few Schirmer 78s, plus I gleamed some info from Rust and The Blue Pages.
> Corrections and especially additions welcome!

Good for you undertaking this job!  Here are a few additional Schirmers that I happen to have copies of:

BILLIE HAYWOOD:
My Last Affair (New Faces, 1934)

Love Fell In

Schirmer 501

PIANO: Cliff Allen.

RUDOLF FRIML:

Giannina Mia (The Firefly, 1912)

Something Feels Tingle-ingling (High Jinks, 1913)

Schirmer 505 (1939?)

Both sides with vocals by Lanny Ross.

ALBUM "RUDOLF FRIML IN PERSON," c. 1939

78/Schirmer 12" album 2 (2501/2505)

Sympathy (The Firefly, 1912)

I'm Only Dreaming (You're in Love, 1917)

Giannina Mia (Friml: The Firefly, 1912)

I Love You, Dear (Friml: Glorianna, 1918)

Allah's Holiday (Friml: Katinka, 1915)

The Bubble (Friml: High Jinks, 1913)

Waltz Hughette (Friml: The Vagabond King, 1925)

March of the Vagabonds (Ibid)

Rose-Marie (Friml: Rose-Marie, 1924)

Give Me One Hour (Friml: White Eagle, 1928)

Spanish Dance (Friml)

Amour Coquet (Friml)

Schirmer 2507

The pieces are announced by his son, Rudolf Jr.

Valse Lucille (Friml)nice

Improvisation (Friml)

Schirmer 2508

Adieu (Friml)

Drifting (Friml)

Schirmer 2509

Egyptian Dance (Friml)

Melodie (Friml)

Schirmer 2510

Arabian Suite (friml)

Part 2

Schirmer 2518 (5:5&6)

CAROL BRUCE:

Louisiana Purchase (Berlin: Louisiana Purchase, 1940)

The Lord Done Fixed Up My Soul (Ibid)

Schirmer 507 (1940)

I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues (Arlen)

Lover, Come Back to Me (Romberg)

Schirmer 510 (1940)

DIOSA COSTELLO:

She Could Shake the Maracas (Rodgers: Too Many Girls, 1939)

All Dressed Up (Spic and Spanish) (Ibid)

Schirmer 508

Perfidia

La Conga

Schirmer 509

LANNY ROSS:

Over the Rainbow (film Wizard of Oz, 1939)

The Lamp Is Low

Schirmer 502 (1939)

Giannina Mia (The Firefly, 1912)

Something Feels Tingle-ingling (High Jinks, 1913)

Schirmer 505 (1939)

Both sides with Friml at the piano.

I Hear a Dream (film Gulliver's Travels, 1939)

Faithful Forever (Ibid)

Schirmer 506 (1939)

DANA SUESSE:

ALBUM "YOUNG MAN WITH A HARP"

78/Schirmer 12" album No. 8 (2525/2526)

Processional

Evensong

Twentieth Century Madrigal

PIANO: Dana Suesse (composer), with Casper Reardon (harp) & Chauncey
Morehouse (drums)

ALBUM "DANA SUESSE: BLUE MOONLIGHT," rec c 1940

78/Schirmer 12" album No. 12 (5503/5505)

Jazz Nocturne/Berceuse

Afternoon of a Black Faun

Swamp Bird/Scherzette

Blue Moonlight

Serenade to a Skyscraper

Yours for a Song (Billy Rose's Aquacade, 1939)/The Night Is Young and
You're So Beautiful (And On We Go, 1937)

THE NASSOONS:

My Cutie's Due/Perfidia

My Gal Sal/Jungletown

Schirmer mx S-1059/60 (1942)