[78-L] five least liked 78s (was - five favorites)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 19 10:33:41 PST 2012

I got no problems with the brakeman, but Grappelli just sets my teeth on edge.
Never had the slightest tolerance for him except for a late album he did with
Diz Disley, by which time his Hungarian restaurant gypsy swoops were under control.

Fight on!

dl

On 12/19/2012 1:13 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:

> OK, I'll take on both you AND David with one tonearm tied behind my back!
> Cary Ginell (who has 98 Jimmie Rodgers 78s, at most recent count)
>
>> From: Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
>> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
>> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:10:46 +0000
>> Subject: Re: [78-L] five least liked 78s (was -  five favorites)
>>
>> Well, Jimmie Rodgers did more for the NO&NE Railroad than he'll ever do for me. PC
>>
>> "The problem with folk music is that it's written by the _people_..." Tom Lehrer

>>> 2. Any Bing Crosby
>>> 3. Any Frank Sinatra
>>> 4. Any Vera Lynn