[78-L] five least liked 78s (was - five favorites)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 19 09:53:54 PST 2012

Definite seconding to Whitfield, Lynn, adding Anne Shelton. And nobody's
mentioned Jan Peerce's Bluebird of Happiness, Freddy Martin's Birdshit on your
Windowsill (actually Freddy Martin's entire output is pretty high on my list,
along with that of all other hotel orchestras with those "silver saxes"), and
any Stepon Grapejelly that intrudes for more than 8 bars. He became listenable
in the 70s, and that's well after the gawdawful duets with Yehudi
thenkyewveddymotch.

dl

On 12/19/2012 12:43 PM, Matthew Duncan wrote:
> Never hear again?  ....here goes....
>
> 1. Any David Whitfield
> 2. Any Bing Crosby
> 3. Any Frank Sinatra
> 4. Any Vera Lynn
> 5. Billy Cotton - "Friends and Neighbours''
>
> I have valid reasons for the above but some may be horrified by my choices...oh well...
>
> Matt in the UK

>>> 2. Frank Crumit;
>>> 3. Phil Harris;
>>> 4. Sol Hoopii;