[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 51, Issue 22 -" Everybody loves Somebody"

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 05:38:37 PST 2012

Unfortunately, my copy of Coslow's autobiography is in storage. Does anyone
have access to a copy? Does he bring this up?

Midnight Moon may not have been published. Sam was a great salesman of his
own music, and perhaps he played the melody for Ken Lane. Lane was all over
Hollywood as a vocal coach at the time; he was also on the radio as a vocal
group leader. By all accounts, he was a nice guy and not a crook; this is
certainly not a scenario where a song was simply stolen, or the artist had
his name attached to get royalties.

I think the court will probably side with Coslow's daughter.

Jeff Sultanof