[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 51, Issue 21 - Schirmer 78's

Nigel Burlinson burlinson at orange.fr
Mon Dec 17 01:25:40 PST 2012

Here's what I got from LOC:

504

Don't go away, monsieur / Howard Dietz; Arthur Schwartz. Performed by Mili
Monti.

April in Paris / E. Y. Harburg; Vernon Duke. Performed by Mili Monti.

505

Giannia mia / Rudolf Friml; Harbach, words. Performed by Lanny Ross; Rudolf
Friml, pianist. Tenor w/piano.

Something seems tingle-ingling / Rudolf Friml; Harbach, words. Performed by
Lanny Ross; Rudolf Friml, pianist. Tenor w/piano

507

Louisiana purchase / Irving Berlin. Performed by Carol Bruce; Eddie Oliver
and his orchestra.

The lord done fixed up my soul / Irving Berlin. Performed by Carol Bruce;
Eddie Oliver and his orchestra.

508

She could shake the maracas / Rodgers-Hart. Performed by Diosa Costello; V.
Selinsky, orchestra director. Vocal with orchestra.

All dressed up (Spic and Spanish) / Rodgers-Hart. Performed by Diosa
Costello; V. Selinsky, orchestra director. Vocal with orchestra

509

Perfidia / Alberto Dominguez. Performed by Diosa Costello.

La conga / Eliseo Grenet. Performed by Diosa Costello.

510

I gotta right to sing the blues / Koehler - Arlen. Performed by Carol Bruce;
Eddie Oliver and his orchestra.

Lover, come back to me / Mandel-Hammerstein-Romberg. Performed by Carol
Bruce; Eddie Oliver and his orchestra.

511

I can't give you anything but love / Fields-McHugh. Performed by Casper
Reardon and his orchestra.

Easy to love / Cole Porter. Performed by Casper Reardon and his orchestra.

512

I got rhythm / George Gershwin. Performed by Schumann; Harold Bauer.

           They didn't believe me / Reynolds Kerns. Performed by Casper
Reardon and his    orchestra.

2003

Romance (In B flat minor, Op. 28, No. 1) / Schumann. Performed by Harold
Bauer, piano. 209.

Berceuse (Op. 57) / Chopin. Performed by Harold Bauer, piano. 215.

2006

Chansonette / Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml and William Kroll. Piano and
violin accompaniment.

Mazurka / Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml and. Piano and violin
accompaniment

2008

Down with love / Lee Wiley. Performed by The Eddie Condon Sextette.

Stormy weather / Lee Wiley. Performed by The Eddie Condon Sextette.

2009

I've got the world on a string / Harold Arlen. Performed by Lee Wiley; The
Eddie Condon quintette.

Between the devil and the deep blue sea / Harold Arlen. Performed by Lee
Wiley; The Eddie Condon quintette.

2010

You said it / Harold Arlen. Performed by Lee Wiley; Eddie Condon and his
orchestra.

Fun to be fooled / Harold Arlen. Performed by Lee Wiley; Eddie Condon and
his orchestra.

2011

Let's fall in love / Harold Arlen's. Performed by Lee Wiley; Eddie Condon
and his orchestra.

Moanin in the morning / Harold Arlen's. Performed by Lee Wiley; Eddie Condon
and his orchestra

2510

Egyptian dance, op. 41 / Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml. Piano. 81.

Mlodie (op. 27) / Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml. Piano. 86

2512

Kde domov muj (Where is my home?) / Skroup, arr. by Friml. Performed by
Rudolf Friml, piano. Czech National Air.

Southern roses / Johann Strauss, arr. by Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml.
Piano

2525

Young man with a harp - pt. 1 - (1st mov't - processtional - Thebes, 1300
B.C.) / Dana Suesse. Performed by Casper Reardon, harp ; Dana Suesse, piano
; C. Morehouse, percussion. 2024.

Young man with a harp - pt. 2 - (2nd mov't - evensong - Ireland, 1300 A.D.)
/ Dana Suesse. Performed by Casper Reardon, harp ; Dana Suesse, piano. 2027.

2526

Young man with a harp - pt. 3 - 3rd mov't - 20th century madrigal-pt.1) /
Dana Suesse. Performed by Casper Reardon, harp ; Dana Suesse, piano ; C.
Morehouse, percussion. 2025.

Young man with a harp - pt. 4 - (3rd mov't - 20th century madrigal
concluded) / Dana Suesse. Performed by Casper Reardon, harp ; Dana Suesse,
piano ; C. Morehouse, percussion. 2026.

2527

Piano quintet, part 1 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, pianist;
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano
w/string quartet. 2028.

Piano quintet, part 2 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, pianist;
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano
w/string quartet. 2029.

2528

Piano quintet, part 3 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, pianist;
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano
w/string quartet. 2030.

Piano quintet, part 4 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, pianist;
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano
w/string quartet. 2031.

2529

Piano quintet, part 5 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, pianist;
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano
w/string quartet. 2032.

Piano quintet, part 6 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, pianist;
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano
w/string quartet. 2033.

2530

Piano quintet, part 7 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, pianist;
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano
w/string quartet. 2034.

Piano quintet, part 8 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, pianist;
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano
w/string quartet. 2035.

5501

The professional southern girl. Performed by Sheila Barrett. Comedienne with
piano.

The chorus girl. Performed by Sheila Barrett. Comedienne with piano.

5502

The socialite singer (You go to my head). Performed by Sheila Barrett; Sam
Walsh, pianist. Comedienne with piano. 2042.

Make like Garbo. Performed by Sheila Barrett; Sam Walsh, pianist. Comedienne
with piano. 2043.

5503

Jazz nocturne berceuse / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse. Composer at
the piano. 2070.

Afternoon of a black faun / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse. Composer
at the piano. 2065-2.

5504

Swamp bird ; Scherzette / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse, piano. Jazz
instrumental. 2066.

Blue moonlight / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse, piano. Jazz
instrumental. 2069.

5505

Serenade to a skyscraper / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse. Composer
at the piano. 2064-4.

Yours for a song ; The night is young and you're so beautiful /
Suesse-Fetter-Rose ; Suesse-kanal-Rose. Performed by Dana Suesse. Composer
at the piano. 2068

5506

Mad about the boy / Noel Coward. Performed by Sheila Barrett. Comedienne
with piano. 2088.

Constructive criticism. Performed by Sheila Barrett. Comedienne with piano.
2089.

5508

All things pass away fragment from Nuit de mai / Sergei Rachmaninoff.
Performed by Nina Koshetz, soprano; Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with
pianist. 2105.

Sing not to me, o beautiful women / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina
Koshetz, soprano; Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2094.

5510

Lilacs daises / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina Koshetz, soprano;
Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2106.

At night / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina Koshetz, soprano; Celius
Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2090

5511

To the children / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina Koshetz, soprano;
Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2092.

Christ is risen / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina Koshetz, soprano;
Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2093.

7501

My melangholy baby / Norton-Burnett. Performed by Jimmy Carroll and his
Orchestra with vocal refrain.

The sheik of Araby / Smith-Wheeler-Snyder. Performed by Jimmy Carroll and
his Orchestra with vocal refrain

7509

Play the harmonica (lesson 1) / John Sebastian. instruction. 2055.

Play the harmonica (lesson 2) / John Sebastian. instruction. 2054

7510

Play the harmonica (lesson 3) / John Sebastian. instruction. 2056.

Play the harmoncia (lesson 4) / John Sebastian. instruction. 2057N

There are also a few at Tyrone's site

http://www.78discography.com/Schirmer2500.htm

Nigel Burlinson

burlinson at orange.fr