[78-L] A very preliminary Schirmer discography

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Dec 16 20:11:43 PST 2012

When I was doing my Pre-Steinweiss album cover research I photographed a
few of the early Schirmer album covers at the Rodgers and Hammerstein
Archive at Lincoln Center.  I did not do the contents, but you can
extrapolate some of the previous info into these albums.  I did
photograph the first disc of a few and and the inside cover of the first
set which did list the contents.  These are the titles on the covers.
There also is some info in the American Music Lover and The New Records
but it would take more time to find that right now.

Schirmers Library of Recorded Music
Set No. 1  Harold Bauer At the Piano
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,2005
Set No. 2  Rudolph Friml In Person   Highlights From Friml Operettas
Set No. 3  Rudolph Friml In Person   Moods and Fancies
Set No. 4  Carpenter String Quartet in A Minor
     2513 (etc)  Gordon String Quartet
Set No. 5  Rudolph Friml Playing His Oriental Suites For The Piano
Set No. 5  Zimbalist String Quartet In E Minor
     2521 (etc)  Gordon String Quartet
Set No. 8  Young Man With A Harp   Suite in Ihree Movements  by Dana
Suisse
  Played by Casper Reardon with the composer at the piano   Percussion
by Chauncey Morehouse
     2525 (etc)
Set No. 9 Gabriel Faure  Quintet for Piano and Strings in D Minor, Opus
89
     2527 (etc) Emma Boynet, Gordon String Quartet
Set No. 14 Johannes Brahms  Sonata In F Minor  Opus 5

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com