[78-L] Collection insurance

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:53:51 PST 2012

About a year ago my wife asked me to find out what it would cost to insure
my 78s.  I had over the years used Osborne to get some idea of prices.  I
used the low end of his range per title for the ones I had cataloged even
if the disc was E+ and gave State Farm a ballpark dollar number and their
estimate was such that we declined.  They simply used a formula that was a
percentage of the total estimated value.

But it is an excellent question and I'd like to hear from others as well.

And don't get started on Osborne. I don't know what else there is that is
as comprehensive or simple to use.