[78-L] Concert sized cylinder boxes

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Dec 9 23:10:31 PST 2012

From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault at bu.edu>
> Might anyone have scanned the label of a concert sized cylinders and be
willing to share it? It has occurred to me that it might be fun to make
TP cover with that on the outside. Great idea for the cylinder record
collector eh?    Ron L

There might be some old undersized black and white scans in Allen
Koenigsburg's 1980s cylinder book, the maroon one with the white comb
binding.  Unless the box is destroyed and the label removed, it is
difficult to scan a round object.  There are several people who have
made coffee mugs, t-shirts, and hats with cylinder labels pictured on
them, but I can't think of any of them that show the large concert
boxes.

This does give me a thought.  My digital camera has a panarama feature
but it requires the camera be moved in an arc, not having the camera
stationary and the object moving.  It also only goes around 180 degrees,
but the newer models go a full 360 degrees.  That might be possible to
make a swing-arm that would revolve around a stationary cylinder box.
Or mount the camera to the outer rim of a turntable and have the box
stationary while you turn the turntable by hand..

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com