[78-L] 1912 Ad Offering Columbia 'Eclipse' with Free Double-Sided Demo Record

Rjholtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 11:29:01 PST 2012

Note The Notes by Sherman & Nauck pg 50 says the disc was issued in 1910 and the slipside, Columbia Qt of Kentucky Babe was recorded November 10, 1910 so in September of 1912 it was less than a year old.

Same book pg 26 says first Double Disc appeared in "autumn of 1908" - hence the common confusion.

Same book again says the other double disc demo appeared in 1913, I always assed it was older because the Henry Burr on the flip seems to have been made in 1906.  Anybody know who the narrator is on this one?  Albert Campbell is on the 1910 disc.

Sent from my iPod