[78-L] Are we allowed to quote people in a book or article when they submit something to the group?

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Nov 23 23:18:23 PST 2012

The websites that list lyrics are doing so illegally. It has nothing to do with the making money. It's a violation of copyright laws to use someone else's song without permission. Copyright is, literally, the right to copy, and exploitation of lyrics without permission is illegal. Publishers do what they can to stop the unauthorized usage but many ignore it.

Cary Ginell