[78-L] Are we allowed to quote people in a book or article when they submit something to the group?

ERIC BYRON bear128 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 22 04:49:32 PST 2012

Hi,

If somebody(ies) e-mails the discussion group with information that we would like to include in a book or article, is it permissible to quote them using their name?  The reason I ask is that I have contacted a number of people whether I could include their statements in a book I hope to eventually finish.  Only one person has not gotten back to me. I can certainly work around his statement, but the piece would sound better if I could include him.