[78-L] for Grey Gull history fans

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Wed Nov 21 12:14:41 PST 2012

On 11/21/2012 3:09 PM, Ron L'Herault wrote:
> I'd love to get an overlay of an old map on a new one.  I'd go down the
> expressway and toss a trashed GG on the highway in the appropriate area.

We've all made jokes about the quality and crappy sound of GG records,
but Theodore Lyman Shaw always insisted his records were high quality
and comparable to any major label's recordings.  Okay fine, public
relations claims aside, why were GGs so bad... or is this only true for
some of the pressings and not all?