[78-L] Another Record Breaking experience

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Mon Nov 19 17:10:45 PST 2012

On 11/18/2012 3:17 PM, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> On 11/18/2012 9:03 AM, David Lennick wrote:
>> $40 for Guy Lombardo Deccas!? Is this the same seller?
>> http://www.ebay.com/sch/Records-/176985/i.html?_ipg=50&_from&_nkw&_armrs=1&_ssn=completeconsignment&_pppn=r1&_dmpt=Music_on_Vinyl&Speed=78%2520RPM
>>

> That be he.
> He was easy to bargain with and I bought mine on a counter offer of
> slightly over half price.
>
> To the unknowing, an old record is an old record. They don't make em
> anymore means the same value goes on a record that was made in the
> millions as one that was made in the hundreds. It shows in his or her
> regard for their survival.
>
> I think it is more to do with lack on knowledge than laziness or
> whatever. If they were smart, they would save themselves a lot of
> trouble and just set them in the driveway.
>
> Still mourning,
>
> Proud owner of one near mint shattered Decca, Lou Breese, Tennessee Fish
> Fry (song from 1940 World's Fair "The American Jubilee") .

My money has been refunded and we have cancelled the auction. I sent
good instructions on how to pack with my reply. If anyone buys from him,
make sure you are very explicit with packing instructions. I think he
has learned his lesson.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.