[78-L] Gala: different label styles, is it the same company?

Philip Fukuda 78rpm at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 12 09:14:43 PST 2012

I've come across three different Gala labels. Are they the same company or different?

1) Black labels with silver print. GALA in semi-Gothic lettering in front of a theater curtain. I've seen the Willie Howard and Belle Baker albums. All Yiddish material?

2) Red labels with GALA in block lettering. I've seen reissues of Lee Wiley material from Rabson's Music Box and Schirmer.

3) Black or red labels with Gala in script lettering. I've seen risque material from Dwight Fiske and others.

Thanks,
Philip