[78-L] turntable hum mystery

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 8 14:54:24 PST 2012

At times I've had the opposite situation..hum disappears when I place the
stylus in the groove. My Technics SP15 has a ground wire for the turntable and
another for the tone arm and I found when I disconnected one of the grounds
(can't remember which one), hum disappeared. Also when I stopped playing
records by the Tuvan Throat Singers.

dl