[78-L] Aafje Heynis

Johan Bos-Beijer jjhwbb at msn.com
Thu Nov 8 06:42:46 PST 2012

Thomas: Very well known and highly regarded in her prime.  She became a teacher for a while in Holland and returned to simple life.  In addition to the many Bach recordings and broadcasts, as well as Brahms, there is a fantastic Mahler 2nd recorded in 1968.  Vocal enthusiasts know her as a deeply compelling contralto like Ferrier. Johan Bos-BeijerBBACE