[78-L] new releases

Don Cox doncox at enterprise.net
Tue Nov 6 08:10:35 PST 2012

On 06/11/2012, Jeff Sultanof wrote:

> Agreed on the JSP box, which I have.
>
> Thanks for the recommendation for the Frog issues. I'd heard that they
> were much better than the Sony. I just wondered whether this box is
> just an inexpensive re-do of their previous issues, or did they
> actually lay out the cash and the time to start from scratch. I like
> to think positively.

I would be very surprised if Sony spent any money on new transfers of
material which is not going to sell millions.

I do have hopes that French EMI may have made new transfers for their
40-CD Cortot box. And Ward Marston is working his way through all the
Rachmaninoff solo recordings for Naxos, with impressive results.

But Sony invest in Bessie Smith - I think not.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox at enterprise.net