[78-L] Looking for information about a Dutch jazz musician called Dick Elgg (40's-50's)

Per Ahlin Per.Ahlin at abc.se
Sun Nov 4 12:45:04 PST 2012

Elgg made the following 6 recordings in Stockholm on nov 8 1947 for
the Swedish Sonora label:

Dick Elgg Hawaii-kvartett
mx   -        title
7616-SSC   Minne-haha
7617-SSB   Hula Blues
7618-SSB   Stackoly blues
7519-SSC   Oea-oea
7620-SSB   Sophisticated hula
7621-SSB   Paradise Island

Only mx 7618 and mx 7619 were issued (on Sonora 7362). Copies of the
unissued sides probably exist in the vaults of the Department of
Audiovisual Media at the Swedish Royal Library in Stockholm.

link (in Swedish):
http://www.kb.se/om/organisation/Audiovisuella-medier/

Per Ahlin

> Hello,
> I am looking for information about a Duch jazz musician of the
> 40's-50's called Dick Elgg. His band was called "The Tahitians". He
> was a regular performer in several Dutch jazz clubs, including "La
> Bonanza" (Rotterdam), Huize Poll (De Bilt) and Huize Maas (Groningen).
> I own one of his record, published by the Swedish label Sonora in
> 1948. Thanks a lot. Best regards, Thomas Henry
> Adress:  Per Ahlin              Telefon:  08 6698938 (hem)
         Tideliusgatan 15, 4tr            08 6698270 (firma)
         118 69  STOCKHOLM                08 6586799 (fax)