[78-L] 19571 question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 3 08:20:19 PDT 2012

Does anyone connected with the EDVR project know why it's impossible to look up
Jack Shilkret's "You and I" (Victor 19571) because it's listed under a working
title, "My Girl"? The only way in seems to be via the matrix number (for which
you need Rust's ADBD) and then to expand the listing.  This is the recording
that exists acoustically and electrically on Canadian Victor. (The acoustical
is take 2, recorded January 22, 1925 and we have no take # for the electrical,
which we surmise was recorded by Western Electric.)

http://victor.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/object/detail/14517/Victor_19571
http://victor.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/800006030/B-31753-My_girl