[78-L] WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 08:33:16 PDT 2012

Among my favorite whistle records is Hora Staccato (G. Dinicu-Heifetz) of Jascha Heifetz  fame played by Freddy Martin, Victor 20-2476, whistling by Gene Conklin.  (BTW, if anybody else has s copy of this one, the flip is On the Santa Claus Express, and my copy is obviously pressed by Sonora – which we have discussed here before.  Check your copies.)

Was it Bob MacGimsey wrote/recorded “Whistle-it is,” or was that Carson Robison, another stalwart whistler?  Also recorded by Fred Lowery.  MacGimsey is also heard on “Girl of My Dreams” by Gene Austin (flip side of “Ramona”) which may be a little easier to find than the Jimmie Rodgers record that Cary mentioned.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.