[78-L] Alec Templeton...

Ted Kneebone tkneebone1 at abe.midco.net
Wed Oct 31 14:10:56 PDT 2012

Alec Templeton was a pianist.  He had his own
radio program in the 1940s.  He was sort of like
Victor Borge.  He was blind and put out a few
78s; I have the CD versions of some of them.
Very funny guy, but his own style.  Not really
like Borge but funny all the same.
    Speaking of funny musicians, we should
mention "The Rhine Maiden" lady -- she taught
folk singing, too.  And her name was
    Still doing musical humor is PDQ Bach.  "The
Stoned Guest" and all the works of Vivaldi
recorded on many handy 45 rpm discs.  If you won
that prize, you had a job ahead of you.  Real name
is Peter Schickele.

Ted Kneebone
1528 S. Grant Street
Aberdeen, SD 57401