[78-L] WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK

Ray kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 31 06:29:12 PDT 2012

A good question for the list on a slow day.  Just for fun I’m trying to come up with a playlist on my iTunes of the Top Ten instrumentals-with-whistling records, no vocals.  They don’t have to be on 78, but I have 8 already and most of them are.  I’m not looking for the most obscure recordings you can think of, because I probably won’t be able to find a copy.  Here are the 8 I have so far...
1.  HEARTACHES - Ted Weems
2.  SWEET GEORGIA BROWN – Brother Bones
3.  MARCH FROM THE RIVER QUAI – Mitch Miller
4.  THE HAPPY WHISTLER – Don Robertson
5.  THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY – Leroy Holmes
6.  BIG NOISE FROM WINETKA – Haggart and Bauduc
7.  I WAS KAISER BILL’S BATMAN – Whistling Jack Smith
8.  THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY – Hugo Montenegro
Any other suggestions?  Just two to go.  I could use the ANDY GRIFFITH THEME but it is so short, I’d rather not.
RayK