[78-L] Use of double bass in dance bands

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:26:21 PDT 2012

Perhaps more than you can imagine. I remember a day long ago when I was
in junior high school. The teacher tested the string bass players, both
of them. They played the same selection, and then he asked the class who
played better in tune? The 2nd chair was better by a large majority,
which he agreed with, so he had them switch positions. I was also
surprised in listening that there was a noticeable difference between
the 2 player's intonation.

joe salerno

  And how many of us can tell when a bass player plays a wrong