[78-L] question for dance band experts

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 24 15:44:31 PDT 2012

If we are talking about the effectiveness of a Double Bass in a Dance
Orchestra (i.e. can it be heard?), then there is no difference whether it
was 1926 or 1946. Yes, music had changed a lot, harmonically, rhythmically,
but the Bass essentially still had the same role.
And many of the modern day 'vintage' Dance Bands DO perform for dancing.

Tim Huskisson