[78-L] Cassette tapes are the future of big data storage

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Tue Oct 23 20:51:31 PDT 2012

Sure, why not go full circle. My first computer was a Timex-Sinclair and
it stored its programs on audio cassettes. I could upload to cassette in
real time but could download at 2X which was convenient. I still have
the computer and the cassettes. I haven't fired it up in almost 30 years!
I learned programming beginning c. 1982 in Sinclair Basic and machine
code. First thing I learned to do was to draw a circle. How apropos.
Mal

*******