[78-L] radio de rigeur - was: Elbows IN!

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 16:41:06 PDT 2012

You genuine radio guys can help me with this one.  Yes, back when these photos were taken radio folk were expected to dress well, even in formal attire, on the theory that the better you looked, the better you sounded - or something like that.

When the university built our new radio studio a few years ago, the traditional DJ desk was replaced with a stand-up countertop, on the then-prevailing theory that jocks/announcers/hosts etc would think better on their feet. (Which I'm sure is why we now have a tall stool in there!)

Anyway, I find both of those theories interesting, but in my own experience, they seem to be junk science of the lowest order, genuine fads of their times, promoted because they sounded good on paper, I suppose.

Can anybody enlighten me as to other radio fads of the kind, especially current fads in the biz?

(78-List On-topic Disclaimer: 78s are still played on the radio, even by me just today!)

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.