[78-L] Hayloft Gang documentary

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com
Fri Oct 19 14:18:51 PDT 2012

On 10/19/2012 3:15 PM, Dennis Flannigan wrote:
> Many of the Hayloft Gang recorded on at 78 rpm. Now there's a documentary,
> and you can see it this weekend on public television in Seattle, and
> Yakima, Washington. It's, The Hayloft Gang: The Story of the National Barn
> Dance <http://www.hayloftgang.com>, on KCTS Seattle and KYVE Yakima on
> Sunday afternoon at 4:00 PM.
>
> Looking forward to it here in Tacoma, WA
>
> Dennis

This has been around for a while, and seems impossible to obtain as a
DVD or streaming, based on my efforts. I'd love to see it, but we seem
to be stuck with whatever local stations do. There is the book about the
NBD, "The Hayloft Gang," which I recently got and read; pretty
interesting, especially in what it says about Northern influences on
these radio shows. A local friend of mine, now 89,  listened religiously
to the NBD with his family, I think not the WLS broadcast but rather the
network segments.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine