[78-L] Outa sync (borderline ^)

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 00:54:28 PDT 2012

On 18/10/12 03:32, David Lennick wrote:
> Anyone ever had a dvd with a program a whole ten seconds out of sync? The
> DRAGNET box on Madacy, contents of which are probably available in other
> compilations (I've looked), has one episode, THE BIG PAIR, which begins with
> several seconds of the audio of something being rewound. From then on right to
> the end, the video is about 10 seconds ahead of the audio. Surreal. (I've had
> the set for a few years but somehow we'd missed that episode.)
>
> dl

I have an even weirder example, on a privately-produced DVD. It's the
1947 film "I Love Trouble", with Franchot Tone. It starts off fine, but
about halfway through the sound and vision go out of sync by about 15 to
20 seconds, with the sound coming first! This continues to the end.

I experienced another odd item on TV awhile back on the Horror Channel.
It was a film starring Christopher Lee (can't remember the name) which,
again, starts off normally, and then goes into dubbed German for a
while, then back into English, then back to German and, finally English!

      Julian Vein