[78-L] wanted: any acoustic 78s in the uk in bulk or individually

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Oct 5 21:59:08 PDT 2012

From: djoutrage at freeukisp.co.uk
> hi, so i know this is rather a long shot/strange request,
> but recently i have become quite mesmirized by pretty much
> anything recorded acousticly.

I'm not in the U.K. so can't help, but I think that many of us will tell
you that it also was that special sound of acoustical recordings which
first grabbed us when we were younger.  So you are not alone.  With me
it is the sound of the records, but there are some here that it is the
sound of the acoustical machines.  (To hear the record you play it
electrically.  Playing the record on an acoustical machine is not
listening to the record, it is listening to the machine.)

So good luck in your quest for records.  It is always good to listen to
a lot of them to find which are the musical forms you like the best --
that really grab you.  Don't think that it is necessary to like them
all.  Records were much cheaper when I started 50 or more years ago so I
had the chance to get a wide variety, hopefully you can too.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com