[78-L] Jack Caiden (was Wesley Smith)

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 20:20:11 PDT 2012

Caiden also issued the unpublished Columbia disc of Lillian Russell's "Come
 Down Ma Evening Star."

Paul Charosh

In a message dated 10/2/2012 10:52:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dlennick at sympatico.ca writes:

I  mentioned Caidin but I'm equally befuddled as to why..okay, it was in
connection with Rudolph Valentino (Caidin reissued the Valentino record,
minus
the mention of the Balky Bruswick Collander Company).

Didn't  Musart put out Slovak and Slavic stuff, a Zinka Milanov set (which
may
have been reissued by Obie), polkas and the like?

As for Dario ..  Soriabout that.

dl

On 10/2/2012 10:44 PM, S&R Pinsker  wrote:
> Not sure but I think his company was called "Musart".
>  He was the sales rep for a number of small, independent
> labels which  then did their own packing and shipping.
> I knew him in he late  '40s.
> Refresh my memory: Jack Caidin was mentioned here last
>  week; also a name from my past but I can't place him.
> Record store in  the east 40's?
>
> Bob Pinsker, Soria's shipping clerk in a prior  existence.

78-L  mailing  list
78-L at klickitat.78online.com