[78-L] Barbour's Plantation Singers

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Mon Oct 1 13:35:28 PDT 2012

Greetings.  I have some questions about a record I just acquired by Barbour's Plantation Singers.

Any way to find out the personnel for this group and their affiliations?
Seems they only made a single record (?) in 1927 for Columbia #14253-D.  The songs on this record
show up in several contemporary anthologies.  Were there any other recordings by this group?

Barbour was J. Bernie Barbour, listed as owner of the first wholly black owned recording facility in 1903.

Thanks!  CDB