[78-L] The passing of Eddie Bert

Eric Goldberg ericgoldie2 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 14:30:42 PDT 2012

I just received an email that Eddie Bert, the rightfully ubiquitous trombonist died on Sept 27. He was playing, and undoubtedly swinging, up to a few months ago. I'm sure that every fan of big bands on 78s has some of his playing in his or her collection.

Not only was he a great player, but he was a gentleman. He kept a written record of every gig and recording he did and I hope that it will not disappear as it is a valuable archive of the history of jazz over the last 70 years.

Eric Goldberg