[78-L] more Spanish language labels [fwd]

Jack Raymond jraymond at alumni.princeton.edu
Sat Sep 22 13:04:02 PDT 2012

> David Lennick wrote:
>
> Oddly enough, the video for Rudy's Kashmiri Song uses what appears to be an
> Odeon label. Neither side ever appeared under the Brunswick name (or over it).
> I first encountered it on Jack L. Caidin's reissue.

Although the two sides never appeared on the Brunswick label, Brunswick
actually assigned the label number "3299" to the two sides and pulled a
few copies, one of which I have.  The number assigned would indicate
1926, the year Valentino died, although the masters are from 1923.  The
sides were dubbed with electrically recorded opening announcements in
1930 and issued on the Celebrities Recording Co. picture label, with
Rudy in a gaucho hat.  It was reissued in 1935 with him wearing a turban.

-- Jack Raymond