[78-L] Playback magazine

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. rbratcherjr at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 17:26:24 PDT 2012

About 18 to 20 years ago I was able to get a very expensive british classical music magazine called Gramaphone from my girlfriends (at the time) doctor. 4 or 5 years worth which covered classical releases in both CD & LP formats plus I got all the sampler CD's that came with each issue of the magazine. I didn't ask for allof that. The doctor said I could take the back issues home in the lobby since no one else was reading them. One one visit without me asking for them he gave me several boxes of all the years of back issue plus all the CD's & said I could keep them all since he knew that I really loved classical music (which I still do today) since he had stopped subscribing to the magazine due to the expense. I have never subscribed so I don't know what it costs today or whether the issues still contain a classical music sampler CD like they did all those years ago. I will not be subscribing in the future due to the cost of this magazine. The back
 issues have been read once & the CD's have been played 3 or 4 times over the years & they are all nice to have in my collection as a free gift since no one in the lobby ever read the magaziin issues.