[78-L] Famous Labels and other record anomalies in movies

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 15:10:08 PDT 2012

loved this clip - thanks for sharing!
- a Wilfred Glenn fan

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.

--- On Tue, 9/18/12, Sammy Jones <sjones69 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

From: Sammy Jones <sjones69 at bellsouth.net>
Subject: [78-L] Famous Labels and other record anomalies in movies
To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 1:40 AM

Found the clip; it's not a Canadian pressing at all, but a regular U.S.
Victor showing the correct catalog number - 17309 - Asleep in the Deep,
performed by Wilfred Glenn.

Interesting that there's a banner painted around the song's title on the
disc.  Must be to point out the title for the benefit of the audience.

For your viewing/listening pleasure:
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/225985/Navigator-The-Movie-Clip-Asleep-in-the-Deep.html

Sammy Jones

> There's a sequence onboard the ship where the words to "Asleep in the
> Deep" come on screen, and a record label appears.  It seems like it's a
> batwing. Not sure if the Victor logo is there or not.  Also, I think the
> catalog number is even visible.  Anyone else remember that?
>
> Sammy Jones
>
> That shows a Canadian label? No, I'm thinking of two more recent
> occurrences
> (within the last 30 years).
>
> dl
>
> On 9/17/2012 8:13 PM, Sammy Jones wrote:
>> The Navigator with Buster Keaton?
>>
>> Sammy Jones
>>
>>> The Batwing style seems to have been generic among film studios, but
>>> there's
>>> one movie that takes place in the US where a Canadian pressing is
>>> clearly
>>> shown. Actually there are two that come to mind..one is a mock label and