[78-L] i don't want to play in your yard

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 17 19:06:39 PDT 2012

I don't know if Joan Morris is still active, but a few years ago I heard her
being interviewed on the local public radio station in either Rochester or
Syracuse and it sounded as if she and Bolcom were reduced to performing in high
school gymnasiums. I can take her for a little while and then the shrillness
drives me crazy. About the only album I like consistently is the Leiber-Stoller
one, and that only for the unbelievable Schubertian arrangement of "Black Denim
Trousers".

dl