[78-L] i don't want to play in your yard addendum by original poster

Eric Goldberg ericgoldie2 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 16:03:03 PDT 2012

________________________________
 I am currently 65 years old and I don't remember how I originally made the acquaintance of this song, but I know that it wasn't through Lee, Morris or Keaton. As I rummage through my memories I suspect that I first heard it sung by Alfalfa in an Our Gang comedy.

This whole thing started because some friends and I were discussing rainbarrels which prompted hollering down rainbarrels etc. etc. etc.

And so we come to these questions......Was this song ever a hit song and for whom? Who recorded it in the early 78 era? ...and let's not forget Alfalfa, did he sing it in the movies?

If I decide to purchase a rainbarrel, you can holler down it any time.

Eric