[78-L] i don't want to play in your yard

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Mon Sep 17 01:45:30 PDT 2012

Peggy Lee only sings the chorus.

Full version can be heard here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAdcEqAa7mY

In the English version the final chorus repeats the words from the
previous. When Swedish cabaret king Ernst Rolf put words to the song
around 1915, he changed the final chorus (after the little maids had
become friends again in the final verse) so that they actually did climb
in each other's apple tree again etc.
In Sweden it has only been recorded as a children's song.
Kristjan