[78-L] 8 1/3 rpm??

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sun Sep 16 21:34:53 PDT 2012

Just came across a really weird record.  The  record is microgroove, vinyl, 10 inch diameter, with paper labels on each
side.  The label on one side is in braille, the label on the other is printed.  According to the printed label, the braille side
plays at 16 2/3 rpm and the printed label side plays at 8 1/3 rpm.  It is a Library of Congress Talking Book with Alexander
Scourby's narration 'INTRODUCTION TO TALKING BOOKS' on the slow side and something else on the braille side.

I've never seen a record with so much out of whack.

As always, I would really appreciate some enlightenment here.

Where does one find a record player that plays 8 1/3 rpm??

Thanks!

Cliff