[78-L] Colony closing photos

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Sep 13 23:33:14 PDT 2012

You know what? Good riddance. They could have survived with some intelligent marketing, a few really nice bargain bins out front with regular turnover, and some customer friendly service. I was there several times between 2008 and 2010 and their stuff was still laughingly priced, records in poor condition, and they mainly catered to the Broadway crowd that was buying sheet music folios at retail prices. You can easily get any of those on Amazon at various discounts, but Colony stubbornly stuck to their antiquated practices. They're lucky they survived this long. Sorry, folks. I'm as nostalgic about mom 'n' pop shops as the next fella, but not when they are ghosts of their former selves and refuse to change to adapt to the marketplace.

Cary Ginell