[78-L] Coon-Sanders: Little Orphan Annie

Rjholtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 17:35:27 PDT 2012

And this is the one that sounds so wrong

Sent from my iPod

On Sep 10, 2012, at 2:41 PM, "Luis" <contijoch1 at gmx.net> wrote:

There is a cymbal crash at the beninning of the track in my CD Coon-Sanders,
Vol.3 (TOM Mb-113)

Luis

<Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 16:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
<From: Rjholtin <rjh334578 at yahoo.com>
<Subject: [78-L] Coon-Sanders: Little Orphan Annie
<To: 78-L List Mail <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

<I have this on LP (Vintage Series) and a digital that a friend dropped over
the transom.  The LP issue lacks a cymbal crash that opens the digital
version.  I've heard <others that open with a similar cymbal crash on 78 but
this one sounds kinda disjointed and rather wrong, as if the digital picked
it up from the end of a previous <file/track.  I have had that happen when a
program dropped track spilts in the wrong places, frinstance, and this crash
seems awkward enough that I can see why the LPV <editors might have removed
it even if it was legit - and we know they did that, too.   These seem
otherwise identical.  Anybody with a 78 who can confirm/qualify/deny the
<authenticity of either Lp or digital version?

<Sent from my iPod