[78-L] BBC audio doc on Benny Goodman is up for 3 more days+ OTHER goodies

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:03:12 PDT 2012

> On 9/3/2012 6:58 PM,
neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:
> > Thanks for the heads up. Wish I
had known about episode 1.

> > Looks like a weekly affair,
with 4 more eps to go.

Joe (and others). The BEST way not to miss these is to download the FREE
pgm "Radio Downloader". It is simple (even for a non-tekkie like me) and has a
BBC Radio button on it. If you click that you can see all the programs available
or coming up in next 7 days. I look under the Documentary Section. Other cool
stuff there. When you click on a show it tells you about it and and then you can
click on "subscribe" This will automafically download EVERY episode in the
background whenever you are connectedto the internet. It puts them in a
Downloaded Radio folder on your PC. I've discovered shows on R&B and Motown
and a really interesting one called Tim Rice's America in which the composer
plays pop music related to a different one of the 52 states each pgm. (Yes, Joe,
there was one on Texas, as well as Colorado, Utah and Hawaii.

BTW, I subscribed to the Benny Goodman this morning and it downloaded
episode 1 as well as 2 (and will do 3 and on). And there's a new one on Gene
Krupa too. The BBC seems to cover American Jazz and pop better than US
radio.

So Google Radio Downloader and check for programs about once i week (I
usually do on weekends)

Steve Ramm