[78-L] OT: Best way to make a simple live recording.

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Mon Sep 3 06:14:53 PDT 2012

On 9/3/2012 5:51 AM, Joel Bresler wrote:
> Hi, I have iMovie. But the visuals for the video are separate from the
> soundtrack...
>
> I am just looking for the best way to make a simple live audio recording.
>
> I really appreciate the feedback and apologize if I've been less than clear
> about what I am trying to do here!

Well,
The better the equipment, the better the recording. You need decent
mikes and you need a decent tape or (nowadays) digital recorder. I have
a powered mixer that can be connected to a recorder through the outputs.
Is it a large or a small ensemble? Vocals or instrumental? If it's worth
it to you, you could hire a local entertainer to do the recording for
you if you do not have the equipment. I used to do karaoke and this sort
of thing would be a doddle for someone like that.

For the slide show, I used a free program from Microsoft called Photostory.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11132
The learning curve was not too steep and the results were stunning. I
exported the results as a .wmv file, but there were other options.
http://www.stpetersfort.org/Assets/installation.wmv

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.