[78-L] How do you organize your collection?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Aug 31 13:54:47 PDT 2012

Michael,  I have about 20,000 10" 78s.  I have them divided into these
sections to reflect my pen personal interests:

Dance bands,  pop instrumentals and jazz.

Vocals (all types)

Spoken word (comedy,  poetry,  historic,  etc.)

Odd and cool labels.

Within each category,  I have them alphabetical by artist,  then in
alphabetical order by label,  then in numerical order within each label.

Alas...I have no computer list  or printed inventory,  so I must depend on
my memory in many cases,  e.g. some early-30s Selvin side.  Is it on
Harmony,  Clarion or Velvet Tone?  Is it Frank Auburn, Chester Leighton,
Jerry Fenwyck,  etc.?

This system generally works for me...btw the records are stored in heavy
duty metal filing cabinets.

Taylor