[78-L] Honey Duke and his Uke

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:45:56 PDT 2012

Found this in Columbus Ohio Grey Gull 2256 (b) (1976 C) Chinky Charleston (Fuller)Honey Duke and his Uke This is unusual to me at least in that the lead vocal -- whomever it is -- occupies the first half of the sideand the second half is unquestionably Cliff Edwards. It's hard to tell who the vocalist is from my copy; afterall, it's a Grey Gull in G- condition. Does the voice ring a bell? https://www.box.com/s/a92402ffa3dba10f1a88 Has anyone had more contact with Honey Duke records, enough to know whether Cliff Edwards appears onany other titles? Too late to call Roy Kiner, I'm afraid, but I would have thought that Andy Sanella, who alsoplayed a lot of uke, would have been responsible for all of them.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com