[78-L] ODEON-PARLOPHONE - WAS Ted Wilson Musicraft pressings WAS Casa Loma "White Jazz"

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 23 06:16:05 PDT 2012

Musicraft pressings made in Canada are on the MUSICANA label and are indeed
quiet, as well as very breakable. Most have blue labels and sometimes the same
US catalogue numbers. A few have red labels and are twelve-inch (the
Shostakovich 7th Symphony as well as one set from Black And White masters).

And sometimes the surface noise can be subdued..my transfers of the Duke
Ellington Musicrafts on Naxos are regularly cited by an Ellington group.

dl